- Is your son or daughter a rising high school junior or senior?
- Has your child graduated high school with no solid plans for next steps?
- Do they have a diagnosis of ADHD, Autism, or a learning disability?
- Does the idea of “life after high school” make you or your child anxious?
If the answer to any of these questions is YES, you should plan to join us for our new workshop:
College and Career Exploration for students with learning differences
Often the traditional post graduation track of high school to college is not the best fit for students who are unique learners.
Many students work hard in high school and have little interest in continuing in a traditional academic setting.
Others have skills and talents that are not ideally developed in college, but can be better utilized working and learning “on the job.”
And many students can benefit from a gap between educational opportunities to catch their breath and more clearly identify their career interests and goals.
Here at Child Development Partners, we understand and celebrate that there are many paths to a successful young adulthood. This program will support students and parents in learning more about and exploring:
- Colleges and college programs designed to support students with learning differences
- Options for a “gap year” and programs that support young adults exploring post high school education and work options.
- Career training and development opportunities for students who learn best on the job
This three day workshop will support students in uncovering their innate interests, talents and skills and begin the process of mindfully applying these to a post high school career development plan.
Rather than feeling anxiety and panic about “what’s next?” after graduation, students who complete this workshop will be confident and prepared to pursue a post graduation plan that is best for their needs and abilities.
Who: This workshop is for rising high school sophomores, juniors and seniors
When: July 31 – August 2, parent meeting Aug 3
Times: 9:30 – 12:30 OR 5:30-8:30pm
Where: Child Development Partners offices-73 Princeton St. Suite 305A, Chelmsford, MA
Workshop Facilitator: Dr. Susan Giurleo
Logistics: This workshop will take place for 3 hours over 3 days. Students can choose the morning or evening session.
Each class will be limited to 10 students so all can receive individualized attention and feedback.
There is an optional parent session on August 3 6:30-8pm. This meeting will review what students learned in the workshop and answer any questions about the pre and post high school transition process.
Register below or call Renee at 844-370-1727 to register by phone.
Questions? Email Dr. Giurleo: DrG@ChildDevelopmentPartners.com
What’s Next Workshop
Please click the Buy Now link below to be directed to PayPal