Services for Children, Parents & Families
- Individual psychotherapy– Individual therapeutic work focuses on one child’s issues and difficulties. The therapy typically includes an initial session with parents to collect relevant developmental history. Following sessions focus on individual time with the child, and time working with parents and the child together to facilitate communication and change outside of the therapy sessions.
****We are now in-network providers for Blue Cross Blue Shield and Tufts Health Plan insurance products to cover psychotherapy services.*****
- Parent coaching – Often parents have specific questions about how to parent, discipline or communicate with their special needs child. Parent coaching is not psychotherapy, but an opportunity for parents to discuss their concerns and receive structured feedback and plans to make effective change in their approach to parenting. Coaching can take place in our offices or via phone and is customized to your needs.
- Executive Functioning Coaching – We offer executive functioning coaching to middle and high school students who need help in developing consistent routines and systems to manage their time, schedules, homework and organizational demands. Our goal of executive functioning coaching is the ongoing development of executive skills that lead to developmentally appropriate independence in young adulthood.
Please Contact Us for information on specific services that may be helpful to you and your family.
We offer free monthly parenting teleclasses on topics such as “Creating CALM at Home,” “How to Teach Your Child Important Executive Functioning Skills in the Summer Months,” and other topics relevant to parents of children with unique developmental paths. Click here to get more information on these free workshops.
We will also offer half-day and day long workshops for parents and teens regarding the development of executive functioning skills. Please sign up for our newsletter to get updates on upcoming workshops.
We often do workshops and presentations for parent groups on the topics of parenting children with ADHD, Autism spectrum and/or executive functioning disorders. Popular topics include, “Managing Morning, Evening and Bedtime Routines,” “Homework Survival Strategies,” “Preparing Your Special Needs Child for Young Adulthood,” and “Effective Discipline for Children with ADHD.” We can also customize a workshop for your needs. Please contact us to inquire about bringing a Child Development Partners workshop to your group or meeting.
Services for Professionals
- Program/School Consultation – Dr. Giurleo and Dr. Andrews consult to school systems regarding the development of specific behavior plans and program development for children with attentional difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, and executive functioning weaknesses.
- Student Education/Treatment Planning – We also are available to consult with school psychologists, social workers, and guidance counselors regarding therapeutic treatment of children with neurodevelopmental challenges.
- IEP Consultation- Dr. Giurleo often consults with parents, school advocates and lawyers regarding IEP and program development for children with special educational needs. This type of consultation focuses on the social/emotional aspects of the IEP and often addresses issues such as managing in-school anxiety, behavior management, improving executive functioning, and social pragmatics issues. Consultation can involve IEP review, attendance at school team meetings or both.
Please Contact Us for information on how my consultation services may be of help to you and your organization.